Discussion

Explanation:

Use your reasoning from the last question to help yourself with this one. Remember to eliminate answer choices as you either select or eliminate statements. Statement III is in three choices, so look there first. The author argues that customs aren't always good, and therefore can stifle growth. Statement III is correct. Eliminate (a). Next to Statement II: it also contradicts the author's argument that customs can be useful. By default, the answer must be (b), but check Statement I to be sure. The author defends the general usefulness of customs. While sometimes experiences are misinterpreted, there's nothing to indicate that the usually are, which knocks Statement I out immediately. Statement II.

Wrong answers:

Option (a): Distortion. This capitalizes on test—takers who overlooked the author's point that experience from the past can be useful for modern situations.
Option (c): Distortion. A trap for those who fell for the distortion discussed above in Statement I.
Option (d): Distortion. Like (a), simply with Statement III added.

Hence, option (b).

» Your doubt will be displayed only after approval.

Doubts

Feedback

Help us build a Free and Comprehensive Preparation portal for various competitive exams by providing us your valuable feedback about Apti4All and how it can be improved.

© 2024 | All Rights Reserved | Apti4All